My greeting

Dishes in the sink, fabric piling up, cat hair on my clothes-all is well in my world!

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Farewell to summer

This time of year I get a little melancholy- everything is shifting to winter and we all know what that brings! I used to look at winter as, well, I hated it! But now I try to look at it as an opportunity. Things slow down- at least after the holidays- and I hybernate and work on projects!
 "We only part to meet again"  John Gay
 My Christmas cactus is blooming!
 Josie is doing great! Love the tail draped up the back of the couch.
 I finished the baby blanket I was making!
 I left my project bag on the couch for 30 seconds and came back, and guess who had claimed it!
 I'm making some owl ornaments out of styrofoam pieces- need to do something with the eyes

The next few weeks will be very busy- I have 4 donation quilts to make so will post in -progress pix!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

The pussycats look very content...altho I'm not sure sitting ON your project bag looks very comfortable.

What color ribbon did you use on the owls? Metallic gold paint might look nice. Or some kind of crystal.

Diane said...

Look forward to seeing the quilts in progress pics. They're so lifelike, they amaze me!

Dawn G said...

If they are for Christmas, maybe a green 'gem' for the eyes? Love my Josie pic!!!