My greeting

Dishes in the sink, fabric piling up, cat hair on my clothes-all is well in my world!

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Catching up on Projects

 Two weeks ago - kind of at the last minute- I was invited to take someone's place at a quilt retreat at Chautauqua Institute. Four days of sewing, fun and food. Who could say no? So I dropped everything, packed my projects and went. I got so much done! This top picture is of the HUGE hotel down there, it sort of felt a little like "The Shining" at this time of year. It was totally silent.
 It's very harsh in winter right by the water so a lot of property owners have custom canvas wraps made for their "cottages". Did I mention people have money who have property here.
 I sewed like a fiend and got the entire top made for my raffle quilt for Paws and Claws! That pudgy black furball is Thelma who thought that spreading the quilt out was her own private playground! Now I just have to piece a back and take it to my friend who has volunteered to quilt this gargantuan thing (it's Queen size!) I had a whiskey sour after I got this done!
 I then started making trivits out of wrapped clothesline. I was always fascinated that this stuff sews like butter- I have never had a problem with this!
 A bit of knitting- this cowl kit was a christmas gift and there are three of us making these. I didn't want to be a slacker and not have any done so got a few inches started- it's beautiful soft, soft variagated yarn.
 I made one of these sweaters about 5 years ago and always loved it so decided  to make another one. There are about 5 of us working on these. I am hoping when everyone is done I can get a group picture. They are all turning out very different. Below is the start of mine.

2 comments:

Diane said...

WoW! Didn't realize your quilt was Queen sized. Can't wait to see it in person!

I love that sweater style. Yours will be really pretty when done.

Sarah said...

hmm...canvas wraps on your house?! Oh, what I could do with that kind of money!! Lucky you to quilt at Chautauqua - was it a large group?