My greeting

Dishes in the sink, fabric piling up, cat hair on my clothes-all is well in my world!

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Bittersweet

 2011 ended sadly- I have lost my beautiful Josie. She got ill so very fast and the evil that is cancer took her away from me. I was fortunate to have her for 5 months. I would do it again in a heartbeat even if I knew how it was going to end. She was a joy and I will try to live my life like she did- no matter what happened to her , she kept on purring and loving life.
 So now it is 2012! And I am planning my fundraising projects for Buffalo Paws and Claws.
Here is the start of a raffle quilt I am making. My game plan is to have this pieced by the end of January so it can go get quilted and start selling tickets ASAP! It is all dog and cat fabric- some I had and some was donated- it will be very scrappy!
 OF COURSE my assistant Louise must inspect every step- the look on her face is so funny.
Here are the first couple of rows sewn together, I have a long way to go! (Louise finally gave up)

Happy New Year!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh poor poor Josie - I'm sure she knew she was loved until her last day! Louise's face is a riot - kinda like I am queen of the quilt space and don't you forget it.

Diane said...

Josie was a happy, well loved little girl! She couldn't have asked for a better home for her final few months!